MAT140: Week One: Solve linear and quadratic equations.
1. Reading: Quiz Notation
2. Video: Introduction to Algebra and Geometry (located at https://www.coursera.org/learn/pre-calculus/lecture/fQ9Uh/introduction-to-algebra-and-geometry)
3. Reading: Algebra Review: Readings and Exercises (would contain active links and/or references to textbook pages/chapters)
4. Video: Properties of Integer Exponents
5. Video: Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
6. Video: Multiplication of Binomials
7. Video: Multiplication of Polynomials
8. Video: Multiple Operations with Polynomials
9. Video: Rational Exponents
10. Video: Simplified Radical Form
11. Video: Square Root Addition and Subtraction
12. Video: Multiplication Involving Square Roots
13. Video: Rationalizing a Denominator
14. Discussion: Choose one of the above topics and briefly explain why you found that topic particularly interesting. One comment and one reply to another student is required.
15. Assignment: Intermediate Algebraic Equations: Upload your assignment as a pdf file into the media section of your WordPress account. Submit the link to the pdf document in the contact form, NOT in the discussions. The contact form will be sent directly to the professor and cannot be viewed by other students. Homework should be submitted by 11:59, September 8th.
16. Quiz: Submit your quiz answers in the contact form, NOT in the discussions. The contact form will be sent directly to the professor so that no one will be able to copy your work. The quiz should be submitted by 11:59, September 8th. (Like the assignment, the quiz is purposefully not included here but would include a series of questions followed by the contact form below.)
The contact form on each page can also be used to submit questions to the professor. The pages will be updated if the same question is asked by multiple people.
(notes: Much of the above information was copied directly from https://www.coursera.org/learn/pre-calculus. The first video is the only topic with an active link. All videos and readings would be either embedded into the page or the titles would be active links to the material in a real course. In a live learning environment, this page would be filled in with details from the professor and/or the relevant department instead of the Coursera information.)